Conditions of Acceptance (COA) forms
ESV no longer accepts new gas applications via email or fax.
They must be submitted via GasTrac.
ESV accepts applications for acceptance for all complex gas installations and Type B gas appliances (previously known as an ESV Start Work and Compliance Notice) from licensed gas professionals.
Lodge online with GasTrac
GasTrac, ESV’s online installation acceptance system, allows users to:
- submit information on complex gas installations and Type B appliances
- check the status of active applications
- submit exemption applications
- faster turn around on acceptance and issuing of gas supply approvals.
Click here to login.
Conditions of Acceptance forms (COA)
Below are our hardcopy Conditions of Acceptance forms to be used for new complex gas installation applications if you are not lodging an application or exemption through GasTrac.
There are two versions of each form – colour and black and white. Use the version most suited to your home/office printing capabilities.
- Type A Appliance Certification Details –colour/black and white
- Type B Appliance Commissioning Check Sheet – colour/black and white
- Consumer Piping Test Report – colour/black and white
- Protection of Combustible Surfaces – colour/black and white
- Commercial Kitchen Installation Checklist
- Sample Conditions of Acceptance letter
- Mobile Catering Vehicle Checklist
Email your completed and scanned forms to email@example.com or fax your application to 03 9271 5454.
Terms and conditions
Section 26, Gas Safety (Gas Installations) Regulations 2018
By submitting an application for acceptance of a complex gas installation or Type B gas appliance to ESV, it is deemed that the applicant has read and accepted all terms and conditions in relation to the application and acceptance process. Applicants must note the following:
- It is an offence to provide false or misleading information to ESV under section 117 of the Gas Safety Act 1997.
- Only applications on the correct application form will be accepted.
- Incomplete or incorrect applications will not be processed and will be returned to the applicant.
- Provision of ESV’s Gas Supply Approval number to the relevant distribution business, and providing the applicant with this ESV approval number will be at the discretion of ESV.
- The provision of the ESV approval number will be dependent on the risk category determined by ESV of the complex gas installation and may be subject to some constraints.
- Where ESV subjects a complex gas installation to an audit or inspection, the licensed person must attend the inspection or audit.
- ESV will notify the applicant in writing of the conditions to be applied to the application.
If you have any queries in relation to complex gas installation applications, please contact our Gas Technical Helpline directly on 1800 652 563 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.