Electrical technical guidelines and determinations
Below are links to various electrical technical information for electrical professionals.
- Builder’s construction supplies (builder’s temporary supply poles) requirements
- Prefabricated modular buildings and prefabricated sections of buildings
- Determination – M Class LEIs – Installation of dental chairs in patient areas
- FAQs for D licence holders in relation to COES
- Who can work on large-scale solar?
- Application date – AS/NZS3000 Wiring Rules
- Application date – AS/NZS3003:2018 Electrical installations – Patient areas
- Application date – AS/NZS3010:2017 Electrical Installations – Generating Sets
Electricity supply and suppliers
- Management of electrical equipment in hazardous areas at major hazard facilities (WorkSafe Victoria)
- Hazardous area classifications of gas installations
- Guidelines for electricity supply to lifts
- Installation guidelines for lifts without motor-rooms
- Lift work on construction projects – A handbook for workplaces (a WorkSafe publication)
Small scale generation
The Installation and inspection of grid-connected PV systems April 2015 (no battery storage) document has been superseded by Australian standards AS/NZS 5033:2014 (Incorporating Amendment No. 1 and Amendment No. 2 attached) Installation and safety requirements for photovoltaic (PV) array and AS/NZS 4777.1:2016 Grid connection of energy systems via inverters Installation requirement.
- Requirements for the effective supervision of apprentice electricians
- Multiple electrical installation certificate requirements
- Licensed electrician’s (A Class) responsibilities
- Registered electrical contractor’s (REC) responsibilities
- Licensed electrical inspector’s (LEI) responsibilities
- Supervised worker’s responsibilities
Forms and other documents
- Application for exemption – Regulation 401
- Private overhead electric lines (POELs) emergency restoration form
- Sample electrician’s installation defect letter
- Guidelines for electrical installations and equipment at public events
- Victorian Electricity Supply Industry Code of Practice – Low voltage service fuse removal and reinsertion by licensed electricians and L & G class inspectors
If you have any queries about any of the attached documents or electrical technical information and requirements, please contact our Electrical technical assistance line on (03) 9203 9700 (select option 2) or at ElectricalInstallationEnquiries@energysafe.vic.gov.au.