Electrical appliances and equipment
This section provides information about meeting requirements for selling safe and efficient electrical equipment and appliances.
- EESS legislation and regulations
- Selling safe electrical appliances and equipment
- Sale and supply of second-hand equipment
- Equipment classes
- Energy efficiency
- Equipment safety fee schedule
There are regulations that apply to the supply of electrical appliances and equipment. The requirements set out in the regulations must be followed. Failure to do so is a criminal offence.
- Electricity Safety (Equipment Safety Scheme) Regulations 2019
- Part 4 of the Electricity Safety Act 1998 – sets out the specific provisions for approval, supply and use of electrical equipment in Victoria.