Safety Alert on caravan water heaters
Energy Safe Victoria has placed a Safety Alert on water heaters used in caravans after they were found to leak carbon monoxide.
The Safety Alert has been made on the Suburban Recreational Vehicle Water Heaters:
- Manufactured from 4 April 2018 to 1 August 2019
- Serial numbers from 18131552 to 193002648, 8183311827 and 8190201139. Some serial numbers will end in a ‘D’
- SW6DECA (Dual Fuel)
ESV’s counterparts in South Australia, the Office of the Technical Regulator (OTR) suspended the sale and supply of the water heaters after a carbon monoxide alarm within a caravan detected from 500ppm to 600 ppm (parts per million).
ESV has alerted Victorian based manufacturers and suppliers.
Anyone who has the water heater in their caravan, motor home or camper should stop using it immediately and take the following action:
- Check the data plates for the serial number. The data plates are found under the front cover plate of the hot water heater (see further instructions in the Safety Alert)
- If it falls within the range, the gas isolation valve to this appliance must be turned off
- The water heater must not be used until rectified by an authorised Suburban agent or dealership.
ESV is assisting OTR with its technical investigation.
Further information will be provided on what actions are required to rectify the safety issue.
Click here to see the Safety Alert.
Media contact: Jonathan Granger 0400 948 934 | email@example.com