Have your say on changes to DC isolator safety
ESV is calling for submissions in relation to consultation paper proposing enhancements to the safety of DC isolators in PV systems.
The options proposed are:
- Mandating the use of inverters with integrated DC isolators for all new solar PV systems installed in Victoria.
- Mandating the installation of wall-mounted DC isolators on a non-combustible surface.
These options are not mutually exclusive and a combination could be used to apply to different situations (for example, new installations versus replacement of an inverter or DC isolator in an existing system).
We are seeking stakeholder feedback on:
- whether regulatory action needs to be taken;
- the potential impacts of these options (for example, product and installation costs and market effects); and
- whether other options should be implemented.
ESV invites interested parties to review the consultation paper and make a submission.
Submissions must be received by 5:00pm, Friday 8 October 2021.