AS/NZS 5601.2 Draft for public comment
AS/NZS 5601.2 Gas Installations-LP Gas installations in caravans and boats for non-propulsive purposes
The public comment draft for the revision of AS/NZS5601.2 was published on 21 November 2019. Some significant changes proposed include:
- Clarification of the definition of an ‘ignition source’ and how this applies to electrical equipment that is ‘non-sparking by nature’ or ‘encapsulated’.
- Definition for a ‘domestic caravan’.
- Correct orientation of LPG cylinders on caravan drawbars to allow for cylinder relief valve venting.
- Prohibiting the installation of in-situ fill cylinders in caravans.
- New clearance requirements in respect to ignition sources around cylinders mounted on the draw-bar of domestic caravans.
- Clarification of when access to internal cylinder compartment in caravans is permitted.
- Prohibition on the installation of press-fit end connectors in caravans and boats.
- Minimum clearance from cooking appliances to rangehoods aligned with international clearance requirements for rangehoods.
- Updated pipe sizing tables.
- New informative appendix on purging.
The public comment draft can be found via Standards Australia. The closing date for public comment is 23 January 2020.