Licensing and ESVConnect
New Licensing and Registration Regulations
On 1 January 2021 the Electricity Safety (Registration and Licensing) Regulations 2020 came into force, replacing the 2010 Regulations, which were revoked on 31 December 2020.
ESV has produced a document summarising the key changes in the new Electricity Safety (Registration and Licensing) Regulations 2020, and recommends that all electrical workers familiarise themselves with the updated regulations.
- Electricity Safety (Registration and Licensing) Regulations 2020
- Summary document – Electricity Safety (Registration and Licensing) Regulations 2020
Read more about the lineworker licensing regime.
ESVConnect is the primary system for online regulation of the electrical industry in Victoria – for licensing, REC registration, COES and registration of cathodic protection systems.
Your email address will be your unique identifier, allowing you to lodge and track your applications and maintain existing licences.
Watch: Introducing ESVConnect. This animated video gives a brief overview on how ESVConnect works.
Note: ESVConnect works best in Chrome. DO NOT USE Internet Explorer.
Register for ESVConnect
If you have held a Victorian electrical licence or registration you will need to upgrade to ESVConnect. You only need to complete this process once.
You will need to recover your Online Services User ID and Password to upgrade to ESVConnect. Lodge an enquiry via our Licensing Contact form on the Contact us page or call the Licensing team on 1800 815 721.
Please ensure you use a desktop or laptop computer with Google Chrome as your browser. Then upgrade to ESVConnect following the steps below:
Access the ESVConnect login page here.
- Click on the Register for ESVConnect button.
- Select the appropriate option that relates to you and enter your LEW/REC/LEI number – if you have an LEW and REC, please enter your LEW number.
- Now enter your Online Services User Id and Password as follows:
Online Services User ID: XXXXXX
- You will be prompted to set up a new ESVConnect profile – your email address will be your unique Login ID from now, so please check your email address is correct and you have access to it, as a verification code will be emailed to you after this step.
If you want to change your email address, do that here.
- Check the details on the screen: first name, last name and date of birth are yours.
If the details are correct, create and confirm a password you will use to access ESVConnect.
ESV’s password policy: it must be at least 8 characters and include at least one uppercase, one lowercase and one number.
- Once you have agreed to the conditions of use and privacy notice for the upgrade, click the orange ‘Upgrade’ button.
- ESVConnect will send a verification code to your email address.
- Log into ESVConnect using the email address you used earlier and the new password you created.
- Enter the verification code that was emailed to you.
- You will need to log in one more time to access your ESVConnect profile.
- Upon initial log-in you will be required to submit your communication details.
You are now able to work on the new live ESVConnect licensing, registration and COES system.
Additional information on the COES certification process is available here.
ESV latest news
You can contact our Licensing team in the following ways:
- Contact form
- ‘Ask A Question’ in ESVConnect
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call us on 1800 815 721 between the following hours:
|Monday, Thursday, Friday — 9:00am to 4:00pm|
|Tuesday — 12:30pm to 4:00pm|
|Wednesday — 9:00am to 12:30pm|