Licensing and ESVConnect
ESV no longer accepts paper-based applications. All licensing applications and renewals are completed in ESVConnect using our easy step-by-step process.
ESVConnect works best in Chrome. DO NOT USE Internet Explorer.
ESVConnect is the primary system for online regulation of the electrical industry in Victoria – for licensing, REC registration, COES and registration of cathodic protection systems.
Your email address will be your unique identifier, allowing you to lodge and track your applications and maintain existing licences.
Watch: Introducing ESVConnect. This animated video gives a brief overview on how ESVConnect works.
Upgrade to ESVConnect
If you have held a Victorian electrical licence or registration you will need to upgrade to ESVConnect . You only need to complete this process once.
To recover your Online Services User ID and Password (you need these to upgrade to ESVConnect), lodge an enquiry via our Licensing Contact form on the Contact us page or call the Licensing team on 1800 815 721.
- On the ESVConnect Login Page, click on the ‘Upgrade Online Services Account’ button.
- You will be prompted to provide your Online Service Id and Password and click next. Please use the ID that starts with 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5.
Note: You will only need to upgrade your licence once – all licences and registrations under your profile will be migrated to ESVConnect .
- You will be prompted to create an ESVConnect profile – your email address will be your unique Login ID from now.
Ensure the one you have provided is correct, your primary email address and preferably not a shared or work email account.
- ESVConnect will send a verification code to your email address. After you have verified your details, your profile/account will be set up on ESVConnect .
- Upon first login, please go to My Profile (from right top corner) and make sure that your address and communication details are up to date.
- You are now able to work on the new live ESVConnect licensing, registration and COES system.
Additional information on the COES certification process is available.
ESV latest news
You can contact our Licensing team in the following ways:
- Contact form
- ‘Ask A Question’ in ESVConnect
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call us on 1800 815 721 between the following hours:
|Monday, Thursday, Friday — 9:00am to 4:00pm|
|Tuesday — 12:30pm to 4:00pm|
|Wednesday — 9:00am to 12:30pm|