|Effective from 11th May 2020, all existing ESVConnect users will be required to validate their current residential and postal addresses and confirm their mobile number when they next log in to ESVConnect. This is a one off verification.|
ESVConnect has been designed so users meet all the requirements of the Electricity Safety Act (the Act) and Electricity Safety (Installations) Regulations.
All Electrical licence holders, REC Technical and Business Supervisors and Licensed Electrical Inspectors have legal obligations and must complete those obligations in ESVConnect.
It is the duty of the Responsible Person (REC Technical Nominee, A Grade licence holder, REL holder or Switchgear Licence holder) and LEIs to understand the legislation. All provisions of the Act and Regulations pertaining to COES and electrical inspections are mandatory.
Failure to comply with these requirements is a criminal offence and licensed workers who do so may be subject to disciplinary action which could result in the suspension or cancellation of their licence or registration.
ESVConnect is the primary system for online regulation of the electrical industry in Victoria – for licensing, REC registration, COES and registration of cathodic protection systems.
Watch: Introducing ESVConnect. This animated video broadly describes how ESVConnect works.
- LEWs and RECs can purchase Prescribed and/or Non-Prescribed certificates, manage electrical installation certifications and review and download completed certificates of Electrical Safety.
- Licensed electrical inspectors (LEIs) and inspection companies (ICs) can manage electrical inspections, including allocate inspection requests to LEI’s on their workers list.
Supporting ESVConnect users
ESV has compiled a list of Frequently Asked Questions on ESVConnect COES.
In built help
ESVConnect has in-built support and helpful information to guide you through the certification process and to assist the user when purchasing and completing the certification process.
- Take a tour – click through help screens demonstrating the main functions of the system.
- ‘Help’ text – on each screen to assist users via step-by-step guidance.
ESVConnect includes the following types of certificates:
- Prescribed COES
- Non-prescribed COES.
Register for ESVConnect process
- Go to the ESVConnect log in page.
- Select ‘Register for ESVConnect’.
- Selectthe appropriate path to register.
- Licence upgrade: all existing licence holders must select this path.
- REC: only for REC Business Supervisors without an electrical licence.
- LEI: only for Licensed Electrical Inspectors without an electrical workers licence.
- None of the above: for new users without a licence.
- Enter the full licence number inc. the prefix. Click next.
- Enter the User ID and password previously provided for Online Services. Follow the prompts to the next screen.
- Verify the information provided from the search is correct.
- Enter a valid email address to use as your ESVConnect Login ID. Select a password that adheres to ESV’s security guidelines.
- Agree to the Conditions of Use and Privacy Notice, and then upgrade.
- This will take you back to the ESVConnect login page.
- Enter the ESVConnect email Login ID and password. Click ‘Log in’.
- A verification code will be sent to the email address nominated.
- Enter the verification code. Select ‘Verify my account’.
- An active profile is created and a welcome email will be sent to the nominated ESVConnect email Login ID.
- Enter your residential and postal addresses, and mobile number.
- You will arrive at your profile screen. Here you can veew licences, registrations and associations.
- Click on ‘Welcome to ESVConnect video’ or ‘Take a tour’ for further information.
ESVConnect certification process
Purchasing of Certificates in ESVConnect can be completed through your applicable licence or REC profile. See COES fees for each type of COES.
The ESVConnect COES Guide explains the purchase process for:
Registered Electrical Contractors (RECs)
- On the ESVConnect homepage, click on the appropriate REC number under “My Registrations”
- In your REC Profile, select “Purchase Certificates”
- Follow the prompts to purchase certificates for your use under your REC
Licensed Electrical Workers (LEWs)
- On the ESVConnect homepage, click on the appropriate Licence number under “My Licences”
- In your Licence Profile, select “Purchase Certificates”
- Follow the prompts to purchase certificates for your use under your electrical licence
Certificates of Compliance (LEW and REC)
You can start and view Certificates of compliance in ‘My Installations’ located in the menu on the ESVConnect homepage
The ESVConnect COES Guide explains the process for:
• Drafting of a Certificate of Compliance
• Certifying a Certificate of Compliance
• Review and approve or Review and return process for a certificate of compliance, and
• Allocating completed prescribed certificates to an inspector or inspection company.
Certificate of Inspection (LEI)
Certificates of Inspection and inspection requests are located in ‘My Inspections’ located in the menu on the ESVConnect homepage
The ESVConnect COES Guide explains the processes for a Licensed Electrical Inspector including:
• Accept/Decline inspection request
• Complete a certificate of inspection as Compliant
• Complete a certificate of inspection as Non-Compliant
• Begin a certificate of inspection and return for amendment or defect rectification.
Review the Defects list.
Certificate of Electrical Safety
Your completed Certificates of Electrical Safety are located in ‘My Certificates’ located in the menu on the ESVConnect homepage.
The ESVConnect COES Guide explains the process for viewing and distributing Certificates of Electrical Safety
Note: ESV does not require an eCOES to be provided to ESV as it is already in the ESVConnect system.
- Prescribed and non-prescribed electrical installation work
- Multiple electrical installation certificate requirements page
- Defect list
- ES(I)R 238(3)
- Charging customers fees for COES
LEIs, ICs and RECs lists
- Licensed electrical inspectors (LEIs)
- Inspection Companies (ICs)
- Registered electrical contractors (RECs)
For advice and information about COES or using ESVConnectfor COES, contact our COES team in the following ways: