Energy Safe Victoria
Let's help you see the right content.

Please make a selection

We are using cookies.

Energy Safe Victoria uses cookies to help give you the best possible user experience. By continuing to browse this site you give consent for cookies to be used.


Other organisations and agencies

Below is a list various complaint and dispute resolution agencies that may be able to assist you with a complaint or issue.

Organisation Name Description Contact details
Victorian Building Authority Handles complaints regarding building and domestic plumbing works, also has a conciliation service.
1300 815 127
Consumer Affairs Victoria Promotes consumer protection and ethical trading and ensures that consumer protection laws are properly enforced.
1300 558 181
Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal VCAT’s purpose is to provide Victorians with a low cost, accessible, efficient and independent tribunal delivering high quality dispute resolution.
03 9628 9830
Victorian Ombudsman The Ombudsman enquires into or investigates administrative actions taken by a Government department or public statutory body, including ESV.
03 9613 6222
Energy and Water Ombudsman Investigates and resolves disputes between Victorian electricity, gas and water customers and their providers.
1800 500 509
Accident Compensation Conciliation Service Provides an independent service to resolve workers compensation disputes in Victoria.
1800 635 960
Dispute Settlement Centre of Victoria Provides an informal, impartial, accessible, low cost dispute resolution service to the Victorian community.
1300 372 888
Victorian Equal Opportunity and Human Rights Commission Responsible for eliminating discrimination in Victoria. Offers information, education and consultancy services, provides legal and policy advice.
1300 292 153
Office of the Victorian Information Commissioner The key body regulating the way Victorian government agencies and local councils collect and handle personal information.
1300 666 444
WorkSafe Victoria Enforces Victoria’s occupational health and safety laws.
1800 136 089
Independent Broad-based Anti-Corruption Commission Responsible for handling complaints against police and other public sector agencies, conducting investigations into a range of systemic issues and corruption.
1300 735 135
Magistrates’ Court of Victoria 90% of court cases each year, including the majority of ESV’s proceedings.
County Court of Victoria The County Court deals with more serious crimes and claims for over $100,000.
State Emergency Service (SES) Victoria Call 132 500 from anywhere in Victoria for flood, storm, tsunami and earthquake emergency assistance. 
132 500
Supreme Court of Victoria The highest court in Victoria. It deals with the state’s most serious criminal and civil cases.
03 9603 9300