Legislation administered by ESV
Energy Safe Victoria is a statutory body established by the Energy Safe Victoria Act 2005.
The legislation we administer is listed below. Most links will take you to the AustLII website.
- Electricity Safety Act 1998
- Electricity Safety (Installations) Regulations 2009
NOTE: In Victoria you must comply with Appendix K in relation to the installation, alteration, repair, maintenance and testing of high voltage electrical installations (See regulations 202(c) and 231(2) of the Electricity Safety (Installations) Regulations 2009).
- Electricity Safety (Equipment) Regulations 2009
- Electricity Safety (Registration & Licensing) Regulations 2010
- Electricity Safety (Electric Line Clearance) Regulations 2015
- Electricity Safety (Bushfire Mitigation) Regulations 2013
- Electricity Safety (Bushfire Mitigation Duties) Regulations 2017
- Electricity Safety (Cathodic Protection) Regulations 2009
- Electricity Safety (Management) Regulations 2009
- Gas Safety Act 1997
- Gas Safety (Gas Installation) Regulations 2018
- Gas Safety (Safety Case) Regulations 2018
Other key legislative instruments
- Electricity Safety Exemption Order (G17_1999)(Consolidated version incorporating amendments as at 10 February 2013)
- Electricity Safety Exemption Order (G36_2000)
- Electricity Safety Exemption Order (G50_1999)
- Exemption – Construction of Electric Lines on Public Land
- Exemption – Payment form for electrical installations
If you have any queries in relation to energy safety legislation or any information on the following pages, please contact ESV on 03 9203 9700 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.