Policies and guidelines
ESV has developed policies around the licensing of lineworkers and cable jointers, to provide transparent rationale for the issue and renewal of these licence types:
- Restricted class “C” electrical lineworker licence – for persons already licensed as a class “D” electrical lineworker.
- Supervised class “R” electrical lineworker licence – known as an R(S) licence.
Minimum clearance spaces for electric lines
From 27 June 2022, Energy Safe Victoria (ESV) can issue infringement notices to persons who fail to comply with their responsibilities for ensuring trees are kept clear from electric lines as required by clause 3(1) of the Code of Practice for Electric Line Clearance.
ESV’s Prosecution Guideline communicates how we exercise our prosecutorial discretion. These guidelines do not limit our discretion to use any enforcement option deemed appropriate.
MEC safety case submissions
ESV has developed various guidelines to assist MECs draft safety case submissions and comply with the requirements of the Act and relevant Regulations.
- Electricity Safety Case (ESMS) Preparation and Submission Guidelines for MECs – to assist Major Electricity Companies (MECs), with the preparation and submission of an Electricity Safety Management Scheme (ESMS) for electricity transmission and distribution networks.
- Incident and Safety Performance Reporting Guidelines for MECs – to provide the major electricity companies (MECs) with guidance on reporting to ESV in accordance with the Act and Regulations.
- Gas Safety Case Preparation and Submission for Facilities and Pipelines Guidelines – intended to help you better understand how to develop and comply with an accepted safety case.
- Safety Management Plan Preparation and Submission for Pipelines – to help you understand how to develop and comply with an accepted safety management plan.
For more information about safety cases and the development of policies and guidelines in line with regulatory requirements, contact our Senior Policy Officer on 03 9203 9700 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
More information about lineworker licensing you can contact our Licensing team in the following ways:
- Contact form
- Email: email@example.com
- Call us on 1800 815 721 between the following hours:
|Monday, Thursday, Friday — 9:00am to 4:00pm|
|Tuesday — 12:30pm to 4:00pm|
|Wednesday — 9:00am to 12:30pm|