Legislation and regulations
Energy Safe Victoria is a statutory body established by the Energy Safe Victoria Act 2005.
We prevent harm by monitoring and enforcing compliance with Victoria’s energy safety legislative framework, which comprises the Acts and Regulations specified below.
The links will take you to the authorised version that is currently in force.
- Electricity Safety Act 1998
- Electricity Safety (General) Regulations 2019
More information can be found here: General regulations: new requirements and obligations
Apply for an exemption from a requirement of Part 2 of the Regulations – application and payment form
- Electricity Safety (Cathodic Protection) Regulations 2019
- Electricity Safety (Management) Regulations 2019
- Electricity Safety (Equipment Safety Scheme) Regulations 2019
- Electricity Safety (Registration and Licensing) Regulations 2020
- Electricity Safety (Electric Line Clearance) Regulations 2020
- Electricity Safety (Bushfire Mitigation) Regulations 2013
- Electricity Safety (Bushfire Mitigation Duties) Regulations 2017
- Gas Safety Act 1997
- Gas Safety (Gas Installation) Regulations 2018
- Gas Safety (Safety Case) Regulations 2018
Other key legislative and administrative instruments
- CPD Notice 2022
- Electricity Safety Exemptions Order 2020
- Exemption – Construction of Electric Lines on Public Land
If you have any queries in relation to energy safety legislation or any information on the following pages, please contact ESV on 03 9203 9700 or email us at email@example.com.